Prince Reportedly Overdosed on Painkiller Days Before Death

PRINCE screenshot_06

Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet just days before he was found dead on Thursday in Minnesota.

He was using the drug to treat a hip problem tied to corrective surgery in 2010, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

But, according to the new report, Prince had to receive a “save shot,” an injection or nasal spray to treat drug overdoses, at the airport.

He was also seen pacing outside a Wallgreen’s the day before his death.

Percocet is a highly-addictive painkiller that treats moderate to severe pain. It’s a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Prince’s death. His autopsy will be performed on Friday.

Variety Staff © 2016 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media; Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*